the feature you are trying to use is on a network that is currently unavilable
In attempting to download a Progressive Policy Downloader program to either my laptop; which has XP Pro SP3, or Windows Server 2003 RS Standard Edition Service Pack 2, I receive the above message in a Windows Installer window that pops up with the above message and "Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'MergeSetup[1].msi' in the box below." In the Use Source field is: C:\Documents and Settings\my.name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\01AFZBZD\. I have browsed to my desktop, where the program is saved, and a similar message states "The file C:\Documents and Settings\my.name\Desktop\'MergeSetup[1].msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Progressive Policy Downloader. Try to find the installation package "MergeSetup[1].msi in a folder from which you can install Progressive Policy Downloader. So, I click OK, and a new window pops up: The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. I click OK and it goes away and no other window pops up. According to the tech at Progessive, it is a valid program, which they use successfully (and which I also had on a computer that failed and is no longer in use). He said when he has seen this problem, it is usually related to the software not being able to write the DLL to the registry. They are not allowed to help with permissions or to offer further assistance with the matter. I am the Administrator on both the laptop and the physical server. I have searched all forums and websites using Google and Bing and am at a dead end. Do not have the budget to hire someone to come in and troubleshoot but must get this thing up and running again. Sure do hope you can help me resolve soon!
September 16th, 2010 9:04pm

Hi Sharlynbo, as the issue can be related to permission, I suggest you run the following tool and see the result: http://cid-4fc3e8fc77f77286.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Reset%5E_subinacl.zip 1. Save the file to your desktop. 2. Right click the Reset_subinacl.ZIP file and choose Extract. 3. Follow the instructions and there will be two files (reset.cmd and subinacl.exe). 4. Double click the reset.cmd file. 5. You will see a DOS-like window processing. (NOTE: It may take several minutes, please be patient. When it is finished, you will be prompted that "Finished, press any key to continue") Then, please check if the program can be installed. Also, it seems to me this issue is Windows system related instead of Windows Server. In the future, you can post such issues to our Windows XP/Windows Vista or Windows 7 forum via the following link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro,windowsvistaitpro,windowsxpitpro/ Thank you. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2010 2:48am

http://cid-4fc3e8fc77f77286.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Reset%5E_subinacl.zip
March 12th, 2011 11:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics