technet.microsoft.com/en-us/securi ty/advisory/2719615
Hi, Our company installed MS12-043 during this patch cycle. In add remove programs on all of our machines we see three instances of cve-2012-1889 without the check for show updates being checked, and when we do choose to show updates, the correct update (MS number) installed. This created a bit of furor as you can imagine since it is not common practice for Microsoft to install programs other than updates on machines. Is this a program error on Microsoft's part? Or is this the way that Microsoft is moving forward? Thanks Bob Newhouse General Dynamics Satcom Technologies
July 12th, 2012 12:57pm

1.My guess is that this update applies to three versions of XML. 2. If the description is we will check when next updates appeares. 3. Has the functionality of your Windows changed since the aupdate hase been applied? Regards milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 14th, 2012 8:35am

1. I thought the same thing, until I applied it to Windows 2008 Servers. They have 5 to 6 entries. Windows functionality hasn't changed to the extent that it's visible to anybody. I assume the vunerability has been fixed, but otherwise it's fine. Understand that this is a visibility nuisance more than anything else. I would think that whoever was developing the patch used these as some sort of marker, and it wasn't intended to be visible when it released. Thanks Bob
July 14th, 2012 10:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics