tcpip non paged memory leak windows 2003
Hello In our project we are using OS Solaris, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 1. It is not possible to update or change Windows to more newest version. We using Windows as intermediate node that forwarding Solaris traffic, that has CIPSO option in IP-header. During data routing at some moment we have BSOD or OS hanging. Poolmon.exe showed, that tcpip.sys leaks non-paged pool memory. What could I do to free non-paged memory used by tcp-ip driver ? Is restarting of tcpip service can help ? I stopped all dependent services and tried to stop tcpip using command "net stop tcpip", but got error 2189 - "The service could not be controlled in its present state" with best regards, Alexey
August 31st, 2012 10:07am

Hi Alexey, Thank you for the post. I suggest you perform steps below to troubleshooting: 1.Updated server NIC drivers to the latest. 2.Update the latest TCPIP.SYS drivers via install KB2309312 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2309312/en-us 3.If possible, please disable antivirus software and other application client service/process If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.Rick Tan TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2012 3:15am

Hi Rick Thank you for you reply. We can't install system update's because configuration of system is fixed by requirements of project. Also we can't restart the whole OS. One of solution is to reload tcpip driver So I have two questions: 1) Does restarting of tcpip driver can help free leaked non-paged memory ? 2) How can I restart tcpip driver ? with best regards, Alexey
September 3rd, 2012 3:47am

Hi Alexey, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Rick Tan TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.Rick Tan TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2012 3:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics