task scheduler ver 1.0 Not starting process
I have several processes required to run using IE to update some data. I find that some processes work and others fail. If I run them manually they allways work, and the last run reports they have run. What I have discovered is if one IE process is running, I cannot start another manually as the scheduler stops it immediately. All other previous version worked is this a fault with windows web server 2008 r2 64bit machine
February 2nd, 2011 8:09pm

Hi, Please provide us more information and help clarify the following questions: 1. Do you use Microsoft IIS as your web server? 2. What are the functions of the tasks? Please help describe them more clearly. 3. When did the issue begin to occur? If recently, have you installed software, updates or hardware? 4. I’d like to confirm all the tasks can be run manually. 5. As you said that “I cannot start another manually as the scheduler stops it immediately”, did you receive any detailed errors? In History log, Event Log, or somewhere else? For further troubleshooting, please help gather the following files: 1. History log ============ Go to Task scheduler library, locate one failure task, go to the History tab, in the history panel, highlight all the items, right click and choose Save all event as…., name the file as test.evtx. Please repeat the steps on all the problematic tasks. 2. Event Log ============= 1. Click "Start", click “Run”, input "eventvwr" and press Enter. 2. Expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left pane, right-click on "Application" and click "Save All Events As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click save. 3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys". 4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us. Please upload these file to the following workspace. ------------------------------------------------------------ You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=a5672856-3c60-456d-8557-409fd66d6c6c) Password: 9TuU[diMZr{{C Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. NinaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 7th, 2011 3:50am

1 IIS version 7.5 on Windows Web Server 2008 R2. 2 The tasks runs asp programs which import data into MYSQL database with Internet explorer. 3 The task scheduler alway reports in the Last Run Time that it has run with a last Run Result (0x0). but the data has not updated. 4 Running IE manually with Startup parameters works. 5 The problem is definately only one instance of IE can run at the same time. I have solved my problem by exporting the Task as an XML. Then by deleting the task and re importing the task as a Winows server 2003, windows XP, or Windows 2000. I noticed this option in available on import, and in this mode all problems disappeared. The only issue now is the IE windows tasks remain open even though I have Stop task if it runs langer than 4 minutes set. I would have liked to resolve this problem with you by sending the reports you asked for but I needed to resolve this very quickly. There are about 20 tasks needed to run daily to update data to feed about 400 sales people in our company. The fact that it works in 2003 mode would suggest a fault exists. Regards Gilbert
February 7th, 2011 6:19pm

Hi, As the issue is urgent and complicate, I suggest you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). You can speak directly with a Microsoft Support Professional to analyze the problem in an efficient way. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web, to find the local number: How and when to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295539 Best Regards, NinaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2011 5:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics