synchronizing offline files
I am working on at asite that was managed by another company and my company took over. The old company upgraded the site from windows server 2000 to server 2008. Also installed new HP servers. All of the users computers are still trying to contact the old servers to sync offline files, but of course the users computers cannot locate the old servers to sync offline servers. All users use XP OS with the newest updates. My question is howcan I stop the users from trying to sync offline files with the old server. I cannot find anything in the group policies or scripting that is doing this. The end result is it takes the users a VERY long time logging on (it tries to sync at login) and logging off (it tries to sync at logoff). All help is appreciated, thanks!
October 29th, 2009 11:08pm

Hi TheClearner007,Thank you for posting in windows server forums, I used a tool way back called as Csccmd and made the xp clients to point to the new path. Please have a look at the tool below and let us know if it workedhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/884739
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 30th, 2009 4:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics