sync-rule-required-attr-not-found after runing a bad sync rule, unable to remove.

Hi all.
A little history, a few weeks ago I created a new sync rule on the FIM portal(we'll call it SR-WD) that imported some data from a file, this data was set at a lower precedence than the other MAs (mainly the old file import, we'll call SR-PSE). Last week I change the precedence on SR-WD to be higher than SR-PSE, everything was fine until the new sync rules where taken into the MV. Now I'm getting errors of "sync-rule-required-attr-not-found" with little to no imformation (no stack trace).

I'm only getting 5000 errors, due to the default error limit (I've increased this as a test).

As I'm working blind I double checked a few things and noticed one of my SR attribute flows was wrong on the new SR-WD (custom expression), or at least it looked wrong to me. So I removed the attribute flow to no avail. I have now removed the new SR completly.

After this I've done the normal, full import and full sync to no avail. I can see that related (good) attributes are still present on person objects but without a MA contributer.

I have generated a full sync XML file which shows the error but not which attribute it's looking for and not finding.

Any ideas on where I start looking now?

This is the error I get when trying to disconnect the MA (SR-PSE) from my person object.

I've checked the sync rule in the MV and found the SR-PSE sync rule and it still has an attribute flow that's no longer in the FIM portal (I removed it). Why wouldn't the sync rules sync?
September 2nd, 2015 4:31am

Further information, I created a test user in the portal and completed a delta import and then tried to complete a full sync on just that object (via the preview options) and I was given the same error. This account has no expected sync rules attached. Hum...

Edit: Looks like this covered in this KB:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3054196

FimSync Issue 2

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 9:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics