subinacl.exe to take ownership all home directories, subfolders and files and keeping existing permissions

Hi everybody,
After replacing two large file servers and restoring users home directories we are experiencing many issues with ownership and permissions. For example many of our automated scripts no longer work and we receive strange Access Denied errors although we use the Domain Admin account. So the Domain Admins can no longer access some folders / subfolders, and ownership are very cluttered.
Strangely and happily our users do not experience any problems but we the Admins do!
Now we decide to use subinacl.exe to take ownership of all folders (all home directories) including all subfolders and all files from all up to all down without changing current permission.
My question is: Can I just take ownership of all folders, subfolders and all files (and keeping existing permissions)?
What should I know before doing this?
Is there any chance that permissions get missed up and our users wont be able to use their home folders?

TIA!

August 30th, 2015 6:51am

You are posting in the wrong forum.  Post you issue in the forum for you OS/platform.  SUBINACL is a utility and not a script.  It is an SDK utility.  POsy in the SDK or developers forum for assistance with SUBINACL..

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 7:16am

Sorry . Thread moved to correct forum. How I delete this one? Thanks.
August 30th, 2015 7:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics