storage array
I just purchased a Compaq StorageWorks Enclosure 4354R for my network. My question is I've never used one before but how do I set it up on server 2008 r2. I am yet to plug it in. On the back it has 2 ports an rj54 jack and 2 ports that are ultra3 ports. I know this isn't the right forum but does anyone know do I need a port for the ultra 3 on my server or can i just use the an ethernet connection. I have a dl585g2 and it doesn't have a scsi port on it. Thanks, John
September 29th, 2011 2:58am

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10624_div/10624_div.html They are nifty devices, I would consult the vendor information, you can use Ultra3 to connect and use the HP tools to configure the array. I am not familier with that HP model with the network port on the back, but other similar ones I have used allowed you to partition sections of your space to provide NAS functionality. I would contact the vendor you bought it from and get some setup help from thier tech staff.:P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 29th, 2011 3:15am

hi the ethernet port gets connected to the core switch and if the server 2008 R2 is connected to core switch then try pinging both the devices as i saw it connects via iscsi then you can create iscsi LUN on NAS device and bind it with iscsi intiator to server 2008 R2 use the iqn number and ip address in the iscsi intiator in the win 2k8R2 of NAS iscsi LUN Thanks VirajPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 29th, 2011 10:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics