ssrs 2012 parameter value loading problem

When I execute an ssrs 2012 report in visual studio on my workstation and on a test report server, the parameter value is loaded correctly for the report. When I run the stored procedure in sql server management studio pointing to the prod databases that loads the values to the parameters in the ssrs reports, the sql runs fine. 

When I run the ssrs 2012 report on the production report server pointing to the production database, the parameter dropdownlist is sometimes populated and other times it is not populated. When I run the ssrs 2012 report with the same parameters, I can tell consistently when the parameter dropdown list will have values and when it will not have values.

Thus can you tell me what I need to look at on the production report server, to see why the parameter value is populated in some cases and not in other cases?

August 27th, 2015 7:45pm

I can tell consistently when the parameter dropdown list will have values and when it will not have values.

Hi Wendy,

Can you explain what you're doing to reproduce the issue?

Does the parameter list appear to be slow or stuck when it's not loading, as if the query in production is waiting or blocked?

Could you check the following query when you load the report? You'd want to see if anything was blocked or waiting for your report.

SELECT *
FROM sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks
You could also look at the reporting services log files to see if anything is reported.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 10:51pm

To answer your questions to solve the problem I did the following:

1. I ran the sql in sql server management studio using the parameters  that were passed to the stored procedure and obtained the results I was expecting to see.

2. I ran the ssrs report on my workstation and on the test report server and everything runs fine.

3. I looked at the log files and there were no error messages.

what else do you think I can try?

August 27th, 2015 11:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics