ssis job

hi

i copied 1 packge and made another one.

while executing job of second package ,its still calling sp that is in first package.

why it is

January 30th, 2015 6:22pm

That is becouse when you copy or duplicate the same package, the connection to the server still remains the same and the same stored procedure is also executed.

I don't think this is an issue or may be my understanding to your problem is not correct. Please explain

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2015 6:37pm

How the 2nd package would know about running another?

Copy and paste does not make the other package figuring out the other stored proc

January 30th, 2015 6:37pm

Did you configure the data source/ Task to be different of does it still have the original source/Task. Is there any change in the copied package at all?  
January 30th, 2015 7:00pm

no same connection in both package
January 30th, 2015 7:10pm

Do you have 2 steps one for each package execution ? or 2 jobs for each package ? Does both package executes the same procedure. Otherwise, you need to elaborate more.
January 30th, 2015 9:03pm

Hi coool_sweet,

In order to solve the problem more efficiently, I need to clarify some information.

• Could you please tell us where is the place you use the SP in your package? Is in OLE DB Source or Execute SQL Task?
  • Whats the server specified for your SP in the package? Please verify the server name is updated in the copied package.
  • Whats the query in your SP, could you please post a sample query?
  • Could you please provide us more details information about the package?

It is benefit for us to do further analysis. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Katherine

February 2nd, 2015 6:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics