spoolsv.exe error
I find our windows 2003 r2 server have the below error? Any hints for possible cause of the error? Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 23-12-2010 Time: 2:32:33 PM User: N/A Computer: xxx Description: Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.2.3790.4759, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.4455, fault address 0x0002a9a2.
December 23rd, 2010 9:22pm

More than likely a faulty or out dated printer driver. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2010 10:08pm

Hi, To help narrow down the root cause of the issue, please help clarify the following questions: 1. When did this issue begin to occur? 2. Does the issue occur on a Terminal Server? Does the printer work properly? If not, please provide more information. 3. Was any third party program or driver update installed before this issue occurs? Please check the driver on your side and uninstall the relevant driver from the printer server if possible. If the issue persists, please help refer to the following suggestions for troubleshooting: Suggestion 1: Clear spool file -------------------------------------- Open Windows Explorer, refer to C:\windows\system32\spool\printers, and delete all of files in this folder (Do not delete the folder itself). Suggestion 2: Boot into Clean Boot environment to check the result ----------------------------------- 1. Click "Start", click “Run” and type "msconfig" to start the System Configuration Utility. 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". 4. Restart your computer. If the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the box and click "OK". Did the issue occur in this mode? Suggestion 3: Change the spooling format ----------------------------------- Let us set the spooling format to RAW, and then try to print directly to the printer instead of spooling the print job. To do this: a. Right-click the printer that you are using, and then click "Properties". b. In the Advanced tab, click "Print Processor". c. Set the default "Data type" to "RAW" for both "WinPrint" and "ModPrint". d. Click OK. e. In the Advanced tab, select “Print directly to the printer” f. Click OK, and then close the Printers dialog box. If the issue persists, please help gather the following files for research. 1. Open Printers. 2. On the File menu, click Server Properties, and then click the Advanced tab. 3. Select or clear the Log spooler error events, Log spooler warning events, and Log spooler information events check box 4. Stop and restart the spooler service 5. Download the MPS Report Tool from the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd915706/MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE 6. After the download is complete, double-click this " MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE" file. Then a CAB file will be generated called %COMPUTERNAME%_MPSReports.CAB. For example, if your computer name is "MyComputer", this CAB file will be named "MyComputer_MPSReports.CAB". 7. Open My Computer, browse to the "%systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Logs\CAB" folder. You can find the CAB file above and please send it to me. Please upload these file to the following workspace. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=a5672856-3c60-456d-8557-409fd66d6c6c) Password: 9TuU[diMZr{{C Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. Nina This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 24th, 2010 10:19am

How I can identify which driver case the problem? should I reinstall all?
January 5th, 2011 3:36am

Dear Nina, I miss the record when this issue is first occurs. I find some user have this problem more frequently. For your suggestion, should them be done in server side or client side? I can't get MPS Report Tool from the link. Thanks
January 10th, 2011 4:38am

Hi, Where did you see the Event ID: 1000 error? On Windows 2003 R2 server? Such as Printer Server or Terminal Server? Or on the clients? What is the OS version? Please take the suggestions on one problematic client first. Please copy the whole link of MPS Report Tool to IE address bar to download it. I have checked it and it works. Thanks. Nina This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
January 11th, 2011 1:24am

I have try your suggestion to do a clean boot environment on the client (Windows XP Pro w/SP3). So far the issue haven't recurred. I will monitor the issue for another week, If the problem recur, I will try the MPS again. Thanks.
January 11th, 2011 10:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics