span table till bottom of page -ssrs

Hi, 

There is a huge empty space between my tablix which is inside a rectangle to the footer.

I need to be able to fit another row but the other rows go on to the second page. How can I fix this?

September 2nd, 2015 11:14am

Hi Collie12,

Tables only consume the space needed for the data displayed.  There is no built-in feature to have a table span till the end of that particular page even if there is no data.

Coming back to your scenario Is there any space between the rectangle and table OR between the rectangle and footer. If there is any  space please remove it by dragging it near each other 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 1:32pm

Thanks, I removed the spaces.

Another question - I need to maintain the current state (that the first page will have more than one row) as per your solution and add a disclaimer to the bottom of the last page but it must be pinned to the bottom just above the footer. The disclaimer contains 2 rectangles and is about 20 lines.

How can i achieve this?

September 2nd, 2015 2:56pm

Hi collie12,

According to your description, you have created a tablix and embed it in a rectangle, the tablix contains many rows, the data will spill over to the next page. Now, you want to add two rectangles which contains separate tablix, and make those two tablixes be pinned to the bottom just above the footer in the last page of the report, right?

In Reporting services, its not supported to control report items display just above the page footer with existing properties properly. Because the data within the report item will spill over to the next page, or display in the current page with less space and leave more blank space till page footer.

In your scenario, as a work around, you can calculate the maximum number of rows which can display in one page. Since those two tablixes contain about 20 rows, you can calculate the extra available number of rows in the page except the 20 rows approximately. Then you can specify a fixed number of data rows per page for the existing tablix. In this way, the last page will contain some rows from the existing tablix and all rows of those two tablixes, without blank space left. Sometimes, you need to adjust report items and make sure those two tablixes data can display above the page footer in last page properly.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 9:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics