sp_bindsession
In my application I am having ADO and ADO.NET connection, I need to use sp_bingsession to rollback and commit transations. SQL Azure does not support sp_bindsession and sp_getbindtoken. So what is alternative to this? How can I achieve the same?
April 11th, 2011 7:44am

In my application I am having ADO and ADO.NET connection, I need to use sp_bingsession to rollback and commit transations. SQL Azure does not support sp_bindsession and sp_getbindtoken. So what is alternative to this? How can I achieve the sa
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 13th, 2011 4:45am

Hi,

I'm facing a different situation using sp_getbindtoken.

Currently we are using sp_getbindtoken as part of an Audit trail implementation for a couple of tables. An initial SP within the transaction inserts the "transaction-id" into a AuditTrailChangeSet-table. Trigger code later adds that same transaction-id to all Audit tables in order to bind them to a specific Change Set.

Some ideas how to get this working:
1) Extra column on all live tables
We could add an extra GUID-column to all live tables we like to audit, keeping the last AuditChangeSet-Id
Just a gut feeling, I rather not. It would also add data and bandwidth

2) Envers
We have been looking into to this solution: http://www.nuget.org/List/Packages/NHibernate.Envers
But that would add other 100% overhead in RTT for all inserts => ~50 ms/insert for SQL Azure

Does onyone have another idea how to achieve the same, without using sp_getbindtoken?

June 8th, 2011 12:02pm

I know this is an old thread, but I have a similar problem and I don't think MARS is the solution either. (FWIW sp_getbindtoken and sp_bindsession are still in SQL Server 2012.)  I was wondering if you ever came up with a solution you would be willing to share?  Thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 26th, 2013 8:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics