sonicWall Established VPN
Hi, I took over an office and the previous IT had configured a connection to thier remote office. When I look in My Computer on the local pc that was connecting to the remote office I see a mapped drive T that I believe was going to the SBS 2003 R2 server and the following path \\192.168.0.254\hkwg This connects to server at remote office. The SBS Server is being removed and going back to a workgroup. The Internet connection will be with comcast and all firewalls and AV measures will be on local PC's. The server died and is why it was removed, downsizing to 3 pc's as well. I also want to stop the PC's from attempting to connect to Exchang. all emails are using pop3 email servers. I have the neccessary credentials for this location. I tried setting up a VPN but no luck. Thanks
January 30th, 2012 11:41pm

Hi, I took over an office and the previous IT had configured a connection to thier remote office. When I look in My Computer on the local pc that was connecting to the remote office I see a mapped drive T that I believe was going to the SBS 2003 R2 server and the following path \\192.168.0.254\hkwg This connects to server at remote office. The SBS Server is being removed and going back to a workgroup. The Internet connection will be with comcast and all firewalls and AV measures will be on local PC's. The server died and is why it was removed, downsizing to 3 pc's as well. I also want to stop the PC's from attempting to connect to Exchang. all emails are using pop3 email servers. I have the neccessary credentials for this location. I tried setting up a VPN but no luck. Thanks I realize this is a private IP address so I am a little more confused.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2012 11:48pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. So are you trying to rebuild the SBS infrastructure and connect to remote site by a VPN connection ? how did we build the pervious VPN service ? “Multiple Server Deployment Scenarios” in Running Multiple Servers in a Windows Small Business Server Environment http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc672103(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
January 31st, 2012 12:20pm

Hi, The environment: Workgroup: Comcast modem: Computers connected directly to modem: Windows XP SP2 on Computers: Uncommissioned SBS 2003 Server with Sonicwall TZ190W On the decommisioned server when I click on the shortcut for the line of business app that the WXP box was connecting to a connection box opens. At top it says connect to server01.mdbc.local connecting to 192.168.0.254 user password the shortcut properties are T:\STI\tabs.exe Prior to workgroup Sonicwall had the VPN configured to connect to the remote office. Now that the server is out of the mix I need to establish the VPN from Computer 1 WXP to the remote SBS 2003 Server. The Gateway listed in Sonicwall is xx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the destination is 192.168.0.254 The path for the line of business app that the WXP workstation needs to use is \\192.168.0.254\mdbc\sti\setup.exe When this computer was part of the domain it had a mapped T drive to \\192.168.0.254\mdbc In my computer on the WXP box there is a mapped drive showing, mdbc on 192.168.0.254 (T) I have credentials for this app but not the server I also would like to use the Sonicwall that has the VPN established and was connected before the sbs was decommisioned. It has a green light that if I plug it back into the comcast modem would be connect to the remote off. I need to recreate this VPN connectio. Sorry this is so long, however, I wanted to provide as much info as possible
January 31st, 2012 2:48pm

Hi, How do I set up a VPN connection using WinXP and A SonicWall TZ190. The TZ190 already has the information for the VPN to the remote office and has a green light showing connection is active. The office uses Comcast Cable The sonicWall had an established VPN connection to the remote office. How do I reestablish the VPN connection using WinXP box through the SonicWall?
January 31st, 2012 3:41pm

If you are referring to a branch office VPN connection, then all of the clients would be covered by that connection. Network traffic at the local office is not encrypted until it passes through the VPN tunnel. In this scenario, there is no need to have any workstations set up a VPN connection back to the main office. Guides and tutorials, visit ITGeared.com.
January 31st, 2012 4:11pm

If you are referring to a branch office VPN connection, then all of the clients would be covered by that connection. Network traffic at the local office is not encrypted until it passes through the VPN tunnel. In this scenario, there is no need to have any workstations set up a VPN connection back to the main office. Guides and tutorials, visit ITGeared.com.
February 1st, 2012 12:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics