should TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling enabled/disbaled
Greetings: On windows 2008 r2 , should TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling enabled or disabled? what is the best practice ? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951037 Thanks, Sam
January 12th, 2012 11:35am

There is no yes/no answer to that question. It depends on your circumstances. I would leave them enabled unless that causes problems. Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2012 5:16pm

Hi Sam, Thanks for posting here. May I know if you are having any issue regarding on this feature ? Actually we are not recommend to disable it on Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 . The only OS we should continue to recommend disabling these features by default is Win2003. Here is the recommended configuration: http://blogs.technet.com/b/wsnetdoc/archive/2011/10/31/quot-give-microsoft-s-scalable-networking-pack-another-look-quot-article-in-windows-it-pro-magazine.aspx Regards, Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.Tiger Li TechNet Community Support
January 12th, 2012 9:11pm

Hi Sam, Please feel free to let us know if the information was helpful to you. Regards, Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.Tiger Li TechNet Community Support
January 15th, 2012 8:30pm

Greetings Tiger Li, the information is very helpful. Thanks for sharing the recommended configurations. Regards, Sam
January 16th, 2012 7:40pm

well one of my server kept blue screening every other day. after the memory dump analysis it was netio.sys was causing problems. looked like everything in the networking stack together is eating up resources causing the crash. after disabling chimney and rss the server has been stable for more than three days. The server will blue screen whenever the backups ran, we are using Netbackup 7.1.2 , the server will blue screen even on restores.
March 12th, 2012 10:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics