setting IIS 7.5 to support proxy to allow Classic ASP java script Remote Scripting
I am looking for suggestion on correct IIS 7.5 setting that will help fix the following symptom: I have an old application that uses: ASP classic, frame, MS remote scripting running on IIS 5 on windows 2000 server. remote scripting is used for dynamic update get from MS SQL 2000 - using basic authentication to secured (this is intranet site). I am working on porting the application as is to a newer server windows 2008,IIS 7.5, MS SQL 2008 (uses basic authentication)stly working, the oustading problem is remote scripting is not working in normal condition as regular user would be using. browser tried are IE 6, IE 7 and IE8 ; all IE version work with the exisitng site (IIS 5) and failed to submitt get rsproxy.class with the iis7.5 site. After lengthy investigation, n some specific conditions I can connect to the site with all remote scripting function works. so here are cases when IE can successfully connect have all remote scripting work properly: 1. launch IE, start Fiddler2, then connect to the IIS 7.5 site all classsic page and all remote scripting functionalities works. concluded that this is because Fiddler2 alter IE LAN connection setting to use proxy of local host uspecific port where Fiddler proxy is used to intercept traffic for trace purpose. 2. Launch IE and use IP address of the IIS server, all classic pages and remote scripting scripting functionalities work perfectly. machine use to emulate user browser is on 1 domain xxx.ca and server is in yyy.ca. Both xxx.ca and yyy.ca belong to the same intranet. I beleive that this would be a ssecurity setting on the IIS 7.5 that need to be set but I am not clear which setting I should be changing.
February 16th, 2012 2:02pm

Hi, According to the problem description, this issue is related to IIS. For IIS issue, the best resource is IIS forum. Based on the current situation, youd better submit a new question to IIS forum for further assistance. In this way, your issue can be resolved effectively. IIS Forums http://forums.iis.net/ Thanks for your understanding! Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2012 3:41am

Hi, According to the problem description, this issue is related to IIS. For IIS issue, the best resource is IIS forum. Based on the current situation, youd better submit a new question to IIS forum for further assistance. In this way, your issue can be resolved effectively. IIS Forums http://forums.iis.net/ Thanks for your understanding! Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
February 17th, 2012 11:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics