service manager self service portal - search function

Whenever using search function in self service portal, it is saying " The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service". Has anyone faced this issue? Please let me know if you have solution. SharePoint 2010 self service portal was hosted on windows server 2008 R2.

• Edited by srinu_srn Friday, June 19, 2015 6:57 AM
June 19th, 2015 6:56am

I have checked in the SharePoint server and I found below event logs. Also in services I did not find any service called indexing. I have checked in Central Administration->Services on Server as well but I did not see any indexing service. Is that something I can look somewhere? Thanks.

Event 70, SharePoint Foundation Search

The mount operation for the gatherer application b11f184c-a640-45ab-a854-28a4569269f4 has failed because the schema version of the search administration database is less than the minimum backwards compatibility schema version supported for this gatherer application. The database might not have been upgraded.

Event 6398, SharePoint Foundation

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID 4bfa816e-016e-4eb2-9428-89a4086c2a62) threw an exception. More information is included below.

The device is not ready. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 3:41am

Hi Xin,

Do you have any solution on this? or this is a bug in the SCSM SharePoint self service portal? Thanks.

July 6th, 2015 1:15am

Hi,

Please refer to the link below:

Getting "The search request was unable to connect to the search service"

http://blogs.technet.com/b/saantil/archive/2011/05/01/getting-quot-the-search-request-was-unable-to-connect-to-the-search-service-quot.aspx

Otherwise, you may also post this to the SharePoint forum to get more effective help.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 6th, 2015 2:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics