service didn't start
hi all, we have a Windows Server 2008 R2 and many services with domain user log on didn't start. The domain user and password is correct because if we logged on with this use after login we can start the service. we have add the use to "log on as service" but it don't work. we hast set First failure "Restart the Service" but it don't work. Error: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the xyz service to connect. and Eventid: 7000 The xyz service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
February 23rd, 2011 6:39am

Try this kb article and do let us know which service is not starting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314357 http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2011 7:21am

Please be aware that Windows 2008 does no longer support the "allow this service to interact with the desktop" feature for security reasons. If your service has this configured or needs access to a user session for some reason, this might be the reason it does not start properly as a service.MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
February 23rd, 2011 8:56am

hi syed, hi senne we have third party services (kofax capture...) kb article The right to log on as a service is revoked for the specified user account. The password is changed on the user account that the service uses to log on. The password data in the registry is damaged. after login I can start the service - that means that the user and password is correct local gpedit.msc - domain user is member of "Log on as a service" - Local Security Setting we use a domain user for log on. There is no checkbox "allow this server to interact..." Chris
February 24th, 2011 2:32am

Hi Chris, When did the issue begin to occur? Are the errors for some third party services only? Please check it first. Please note that it is important that the account name and password remain constant. When a user's password is changed, the password information is not automatically updated for the service. Please update the logon credentials for the service if it is necessary. If the issue persists, please also consider contacting the third party service vendor for assistance. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 24th, 2011 9:19pm

Hi nina since the beginning. We deploy a new server for this application. When a user's password is changed, the password information is not automatically updated for the service. I have update the user and password (service log on) - but it don't work I am suprised that all 4 (third party) service has the same problem. Chris
February 25th, 2011 2:43am

Hi nina since the beginning. We deploy a new server for this application. When a user's password is changed, the password information is not automatically updated for the service. I have update the user and password (service log on) - but it don't work Chris
February 25th, 2011 2:44am

I am having the same problem. My third party services will start when I run services.msc and start them manually but they will not start up automatically even though they are set as automatic startup. I tried Automatic Delayed-Start but this did not resolve the problem either. Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
May 6th, 2011 11:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics