server drives mapping on clients
Hi,Windows 2003R2 domain with dozen or so xpsp2 desktops.Problem is the server drives are mapping in explorer to some of the client machines, this happens whether logged on locally or to domain. I've turned of Auto search for network shares but this hasn't affected the issueany ideas?thanks
June 17th, 2008 12:44pm

Hello, I am curious to know the place where you get the server drives on the Windows XP clients. Are they in My Network Places or in My Computer--->Network Drives? 1. If they are in My Network Places, you need to disable Automatic Search for Network Printers and Folders on Windows XP clients according to: 320138 How To Disable Automatic Search for Network Printers and Folders in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320138 2. If they are mapped Network Drives, it seems that there are group policy settings for computers mapping drives to that group of Windows XP clients. Have a test with the following steps to narrow down the issue: - On one Windows XP client that get mapped drive, disconnect all network drivers. Then log off the user and log in again. Will these drives map back? - On one Windows XP client that get mapped drive, disconnect all network drivers. Then restart the computer and log in again. Will these drives map back? Hope it helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 18th, 2008 7:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics