server 2008 trial test
hi all, seems i have a problem with Microsoft server 2008 standard (trial) i installed without problems but it seems to freeze now and then my system configuration: amd athlon 64x2 768 mb ddr2 memory M2V-MX SE mainboard with a via chipset geforce 7300 LE with 128mb mem on board and 128 shared from main mem i cannot turn of the mem sharing to my vga card anyone able to help me of this freezing problem thx
March 10th, 2008 3:18pm

Hi, I suspect that the issue would be caused by incompatible device. Please note, because Windows Server 2008 has just been released in February, some manufacturersmay have not produced or have produced but have not published the device drivers for their products to work with Windows Server 2008. Therefore, I would like to recommend you contacting the hardware manufacturer to see whether they have Windows Server 2008 compatible driver available. Meanwhile, I'd suggest checking System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused this problem. And also, please boot to Safe mode to see if this issue exists in Safe Mode. Toboot toSafe Mode, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears. 2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER. 3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER. I hope this helps. Best wishes --------------Morgan Che
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 11th, 2008 12:18pm

thx for the reply, it's indeed the manufacturer of the mainboard not being able to support server 2008 at the moment though i was guaranteed that this issue will get fixed in the future. i will get back to my version of WS2003R2 for the moment, in patience to this issue fix thx again and have a nice day
March 11th, 2008 12:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics