server 2008 R2 no icons, on toolbar
Hi, Some times when I log in to Server 2008 R2 standard (it is AD server) at work as a administrator I only get blue desktop and cursor. No icons or toolbars, alos ctrl+alt+del will not work. This is not happening every day, it is like every 2-3 days and I always log off when I'm done, so it is not like I'm leaving open session. Does anyone know why that would happen? I checked log files, and I didn't found anything that could relate to this issue. Thanks!
November 19th, 2010 1:09pm

Hello, did you use another administrative acount and deleted the administrator profile to check if that is the reason?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 19th, 2010 4:11pm

I did not delete another administrator account. As I said, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, I have to rdp with another administrator account because once logged in as administrator, I have only blue desktop and cursor.
November 20th, 2010 7:29am

Hello, i didn't talk about deleting any user account. I said please logon with another adminstrative account and delete the Administrator PROFILE folder under c:\users , so it will be recreated during the next logon.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 20th, 2010 7:56am

Hello FirefoxPL, Meanwhile, you try to disable 3rd-party software and services, and check if the problem occurs again in the future. BrentPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 24th, 2010 2:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics