server 2008 R2
Hai, in my company i created new domain, same domain name was already used before, Old HDD got problem like Bad cycle error, so i installed OS in NEW HDD and created new Domain with same as old name as old domain name i must use here.. (We had no raid and don't have back up also) some body was configured before me i should have taken backup, but missed it. while adding users computer to domain i am getting errors, is there any way to solve this, I think its because of old domain information's still containing users PC they are using XP and Win7 and Server as Server 2008 R2. and is there any steps i need to do while Adding users system to domain. Please help me...................................
June 28th, 2012 9:50am

Dis-join all the PCs/Server's from domain and re-join them pointing to your newly created domain. You also need to repeat the basic exercise all over again such as creating users, groups, group policies etc... Also for redundancy, you would better setup an additional DC to tackle any disaster situation in future. Press any key... What the ... Where's any key ? This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2012 10:25am

Hi Mafeer, I agree with Santosh, you will have to recreate all the users and groups in the new AD and also rejoin all the PC and Servers back to the new Domain. Also you will have to reconfigure the users profile, as after rejoining to the Domain, they will be getting new profiles.Thanks and Regards, Mukesh. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 28th, 2012 10:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics