server 2008 PS2 keyboard issue
Im having a problem... Scenerio is a new IBM x3200 server, fresh install of server 2008. In BIOS i can use the keyboard no problem. Once i boot into windows I can no longer use the keyboard. In first test wiggled connecor and could make it work intermittently but would eventually stop working. Next Had IBM come out and they replaced the motherboard due to loose connector on board. Now i have a new board installed but am still having no joy with the PS2 keyboard. I have tested with a USB and it works every time as it should. Has anyone experienced this problem? I know the easy way is to just use a USB keyboard, but when it comes to updating older servers with 2003 to 2008 I dont want to have to tell a customer "oh by the way you Have to buy a new keyboard along with the software" thanks in advance
May 5th, 2008 9:40pm

Hi, 1. Please contact IBM and check if the up-to-date keyboard driver have been installed on the system. 2. You may launch Device Manager with "devmgmt.msc" and then expand the Keyboards, right-click on the properties, and then check if the Device status is normally. 3. If the Device status is not working normally, please just uninstall the driver and re-install it. After that, you may test if the keyboard works normally. Hope it helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 6th, 2008 10:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics