server 2008R2 will not boot after running dcpromo
Have you ever run into an issue with server 2008R2 not booting properly after running dcpromo? Suddenly if I run it, after the restart it just boots to a black screen. I have researched the heck out of this, no joy... Here is what I have done so far. Flashed bios, Updated all the drivers Tested the memory: passed Changed the memory Smart test on the drives: Passed Changed the drives Changed the mother board: booted properly once..then back to the same problem Maybe the processor? I am running out of ideas I also tried disabling write caching on the drive but instantly hung.
June 22nd, 2011 5:30pm

Hello, Is the OS properly activated with Microsoft? Is this s trial version of 2008 R2? What message did you get after dcpromo was completed?Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC View my MCP Certifications
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2011 5:47pm

it is an actual version, I have not activated yet. When dc promo was finished it said to reboot, no errors or anything like that. then wham ..does not come back. I have a static IP assigned, and have the DNS pointing to itself. I have sseen this problem in other forums but none of their recommendations have worked for me as of yet. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
June 22nd, 2011 10:54pm

May be because you have not activated is causing this if you server have reached end of it's trial period?Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC View my MCP Certifications
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2011 12:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics