server 2008-password reset?
Hi, i have server 2008 and have a password set for both Administrator and ServerAdmin. I had not used the server for 1 month. When i plugged it back in and started it up, the passwords that previously worked do not. The server does not recognize the passwords. For the 1 month of down time, the server was not used or touched in any way.how can i reset the password(s) to log on?any advice?
November 18th, 2009 4:00am

Hello,Normally if the server is not in the domain, your old passwords should be able to work...To reset the passwords, you will need to logon to the server..what error are you getting when you enter the password? Make sure caps lock is off etc..Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2009 6:45am

Hi, I agree with Isaac. By the way, I suspect that the Administrator you mentioned is the build-in administrator, however, what did you mean by ServerAdmin. Please provide more information about your environment, then we can perform the further research. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
November 18th, 2009 9:14am

Google Windows Password Recovery Corporation. it can help you reset the passwordFind the lost password here
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2010 3:41am

Instructions to Follow: Step 1 Insert your Windows CD into your CD drive and boot your computer. If you receive the message "press any key to boot from CD," press any key. Step 2 Press Enter to setup Windows. After accepting the license agreement, you wil be asked if you want start a Repair process. Step 3 Press R to begin the Repair process. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files, which can take several minutes. After this, reboot. Let the computer boot normally (do not press a key to boot from CD). Step 4 Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen. When you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This will open a command line console. Step 5 Type NUSRMGR.CPL at the prompt and press Enter. This will give you access to User Accounts. Remove or change your password. Write it down! After the repair is finished, you will be able to log on with your new password. Source: http://passwordrecoverybundlenew.blog.com/
March 3rd, 2011 4:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics