server2008 R2 shutdown
Hi, I have earlier faced an issue of automatic shutdown of server2008 R2, later found out that the OS version was a trail one. Now i have recieved a license Key that has to updated. Can anyone guide me on how to upgrade the license. Thanks in advanvce, Saleem
July 25th, 2011 6:40am

Right click my computer , change product key.... Good luck.MCTS...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2011 6:48am

Thanks Marius....
July 26th, 2011 11:34pm

Hi, I tired with above steps and it dint worked through clicking on my computer. Later, i searched on web and visited the link http://forevergeeks.com/change-product-key-on-windows-server-2008 and followed the steps. After entering the product key, M getting the error "On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F015 ' to display the error text. Error:0xC004F015". Can any1 tell me wat it exactly means. Thanks in advance.. Saleem
July 27th, 2011 3:58am

Hi Saleem, Is this a Windows server 2008 R2 evaluation edition? If so, you need to uninstall the evaluation software and reinstall a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008 R2. Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation (180 days) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11093 Brent HuPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 28th, 2011 1:14am

Hi Brent, If this this was still a question, I'd propose that as an answer. I quote from the link you referred to: "After this time, you will need to uninstall the evaluation software and reinstall a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008 R2." from the horse's mouth. If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
July 28th, 2011 1:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics