scom reporting

Hi All,

I have a custom management pack created in scom (unsealed) which contains my custom rules and monitors.

I am trying to create a report in scom which will show all alerts that have been received for alerts contained in this management pack.

I have gone to reports -> Microsoft generic report library -> most common alerts. When i open this report, i am unable to locate my management pack!

Can someone advise why my MP is not listed? other MP's that i have created are listed, but some are not.

Also, if anyone knows of a report i can run that will show all my custom alerts and monitors that have triggered, that too would be very helpful.

Regards,

February 23rd, 2015 9:49am

Hi,

I would like to suggest you right click on the blank space in the Management Pack selection penal, and then type the first character of your custom Management Pack name to check whether it is listed. Please make sure you are not trying to find a MP which does not exist.

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2015 9:50pm

First of all, the list of Management Pack in most common alerts came from operationsmanagerDW.dbo.Managmentpack. When you import the Management Pack in SCOM, its context will first insert into operationsmanager.dbo.Managmentpack and its need time to groom into operationsmanagerDW.

Roger

February 24th, 2015 12:58am

First of all, the list of Management Pack in most common alerts came from operationsmanagerDW.dbo.Managmentpack. When you import the Management Pack in SCOM, its context will first insert into operationsmanager.dbo.Managmentpack and its need time to groom into operationsmanagerDW.

Roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2015 5:52am

Thanks for the suggestions guys, they make sense, but did not resolve my issue. I'll report back when i have this resolved.
March 12th, 2015 7:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics