schtasks ONLOGON SYSTEM failed
I have created a scheduled task with runs a local vbs script with the following parameters: schtasks /create /ru "" /SC ONLOGON /TN "MyScript" /TR "MyScript" The task runs at logon of a user en will be executed with the local SYSTEM account. The problem is that the task runs normally for most of the users, but for some (random) it failed. Anyone any ideas what could cause this ?
May 20th, 2010 6:26pm

I'd check the logs for clues. <=2003 Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log 2008 Server Manager|Diagnostics|Event Viewer|Application Logs|Microsoft|Windows|TaskScheduler Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2010 6:47pm

I checked the scheduled task and found out that both setting related to "run on battery" were checked. That caused my problem. The laptops which got the issue were on battery.....then the task did not run. Changed the setting and it worked. I also found out that creating the task with the Wizard then the "battery" settings are checked. When created by SCHTASKS.EXE they are not checked. Strange...it is pitty that you can''t set those settings by the schtasks.exe program.
May 27th, 2010 8:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics