schmmgmt.dll not found
Hello. I'm an accidental IT person for a small nonprofit. A few years back we bought a new server that has been collecting dust and I would like to begin the process of migrating everything from the old Server 2003 server to the new Server 2008 (not R2). So I found a tutorial that explained how to migrate active directory and the first step was to register schmmgmt.dll. I tried that, and got the gollowing warning message: "RegSvr32 The module "schmmgmt.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found. ." I checked in the system32 folder and, sure enough, schmmgmt.dll isn't there. So, I don't really know what to do next. I don't want to download a .dll from some place because I know that this probably signifies a larger problem. I should note that I also have no backup documentation or an install disk for the server (IT was poorly managed in the past.) Any help?
September 18th, 2012 1:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics