sbs 2003 drive space
After a reboot this past weekend, the OS drive C: is constantly running out of space 0 bytes. Originall there was 1.9 GB out of 20 GB available, is there a way tell what is filling up the drive?Vern
March 15th, 2010 11:01pm

1.9GB isn't much room. Does this server have WSUS installed, have the exchange, sql, user shares been moved to another partition?IIS log files have been one recent issue, but without knowin much more "it's anybody's guess"./kj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 16th, 2010 1:26am

In addition to Kevin's suggestion, I would check the Windows\Temp directory. You can safely delete any files located there. In addition, delete any uneeded user profiles (right click my computer, properties, advanced tab). Sometimes, temporary IE files take a lot of space as well and they are user specific if alot of users log into this system and use IE you may have some luck there.If you have an additional set of drives, as a last resort, you can move the pagefile to gain that space back from the system disk.In today's storage world, 20 GB is very little storage to provide an OS. At some point in time, you may need to add more space or plan for it when you upgrade or rebuild the server in the future.Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
March 16th, 2010 1:37am

Try to use some folder size report tool to check the size of your subfolders in your system drive. Such as the following one. http://www.safe-install.com/programs/folder-size-check-directory-size.html#
March 16th, 2010 9:13am

I don't have WSUS installed. All system directories are where they were originally installed. I did find a posting in another forum that mentioned using a free piece of software called Tree Size Free. Once I had enough space to install it, I found the culprit. It was in C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\SMTPSVC1 which was using up about 2.5Gb I moved all but the last 2 weeks worth of logs and the problem went away.I will take your suggestions in advisement in the near future, thank you.Is there an automatic way of deleting old log files? SMTPSVC, HTTPERR, W3SVC1 etc? Or is this a monthly manual clean up?
March 16th, 2010 8:17pm

Hi, Is there an automatic way of deleting old log files? SMTPSVC, HTTPERR, W3SVC1 etc? Or is this a monthly manual clean up? >> Please refer to the following KB. How to troubleshoot for Exchange Server 2003 transport issues http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821910 Best Regards, Vincent Hu
March 18th, 2010 10:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics