rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable

Hi,

i try to get the Reporting Services running.

After installing the Reporting Services, created a Database and a Web Service URL with the Reporting Services Configuration Manager i get the following message:

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. (rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable) 

The database was created with the sa SQL User and should be used with the sa SQL User.
The Database is configured for TCP/IP, named pipes and shared memory.

I saw a lot of articles and other posts in this forum about this problem, but there was no solution for me.

Does anyone have an idea what i can check / do?

Thanks a lot!

Windows Server 2008 R2
SQL Server 2008 R2

April 22nd, 2015 9:30am

First thing to check; does the database exist? Lookup the SQL Server Name and database name is the RS Configuration Manager and then logon to the SQL Instance and verify the databases are there (there should be two).

Second thing to check is does the Service Account for RS have access to SQL Server?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 10:00am

After installing the Reporting Services, created a Database and a Web Service URL with the Reporting Services Configuration Manager i get the following message:

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. (rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable) 

The database was created with the sa SQL User and should be used with the sa SQL User.
The Database is configured for TCP/IP, named pipes and shared memory.

I saw a lot of articles and other posts in this forum about this problem, but there was no solution for me.

Does anyone have an idea what i can check / do?

Please open Reporting Service Configuration Manager, in Database section ensure that the login information is correct.

Please refer below : (Ctrl + F - "rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable")

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156468(v=sql.105).aspx

April 22nd, 2015 11:19am

Hi Vaibhav,
i knew the link and did already check this.

In the Reporting Services Configuration Manager in "Database" i chose "Change Credentials".
On the first page i chose the authentication type "SQL Server Account" and used the sa to sign in. The connection test was successful.
Then i entered the sa a second time as "credentials the report server will use to connect to the report server database".
After this the wizard "configures the database" and finish.

So this should not be the problem.

As Service Account i use the Builtin "Network Service".

Any other ideas what it could be / what i can check?

Thanks a lot!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 2:14am

Few things:

• Are you invoking the same URLs which is mentioned in SQL Server Configuration Manager (Web-service + ReportServer ) URLs?
  • Can you append both screenshots (One for SSRS Configuraiton manager ) and the other one for Browser where you invoked the link
  • Are you able to query SSRS reportserver database, something like select * from catalog ?
April 23rd, 2015 2:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics