rsClientPrint AcitveX installed?

Hi,

i've problems with the print function (from .aspx...)

First i thougt it's the KB956391 or KB956391 problem because the errortext is "unable to load client print control".

but now i think the server doesn't install the rsClientPrint ActiveX on the clients (which is in my case also the server).

I installed the programm "ActiveXManager" and"rsClientPrint" isn't listed.

how can i insure thatrsClientPrint is asActiveX installed / not installed?

thanks

Andi

November 11th, 2008 12:58pm

Andi,

Try the following steps to check the rsClientPrint control.

1. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, choose Internet Options, and go to Programs tab.
  2. Click Manage add-ons.
  3. In the Manage Add-ons dialog box, make sure RSClientPrint Class is in the list and the status is enabled.

If the RSClientPrint control isnt installed, try to configure the browser with the following steps to prompt to install the control for the user. Note that downloading an ActiveX control requires administrator permissions. You must be a member of the Administrators group if you want to download the control.

1. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, choose Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
  2. Select "Intranet Zone and click on Custom Level".
  3. Enable "Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls".
  4. Select "Prompt" for "Download signed ActiveXcontrols".
  5. Enable "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
  6. Enable "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting".

After configuring the browser, it will prompt you to run the ActiveX controls and plug-ins when you view the report. Click "Yes".

If there are any more questions, please let me know.
Thanks.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 14th, 2008 7:12am

We are also having this problem with error message "unable to load client print control" but we are not prompted to download activex. I've followed advice of differwent sites including enabling AcitvieX etcin Internet Explorer , I've also extracted cab file, copied contents to system32 and regsvr32 the rsclientprint.dll. Tried everything no -luck.

By the way the control is not showing as an add-on.

If I open report in different browser (Chrome) theclient print icon is not visible.

Any other advice?

December 4th, 2008 2:54pm

try this...

First i had installed this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=82833F27-081D-4B72-83EF-2836360A904D&displaylang=enon my webserver and then gave IIS reset.

And then in the Client machine.. If they have already using the old report viewer control.. then go to

C:\Windows\DownloadedProgramfiles and look for RsClient.dll and the right click on it and hit remove...

Be sure your application or the internet explorer page that is using report viewer is closed.

Then open IE. run that report and then hit print the button.. It will say Cannot load print Control and then click on Ok and the top double click on the active X control so that u can download...

Hit retry when it asks to refresh that page.. Once that is done click on the print button again and now it should ask u install the print control and after it installs it. it will work...

Thanks,

Karen

December 4th, 2008 3:03pm

Cheers for prompt reply. I followed your advice, downloaded and ran report viewer exe on server and restarted IIS. On client PC I unregistered rsclientprint.dll then removed any of the files I'd manually inserted into system32 (nothing in the downloaded program files folder). But I'm still not prompted at top of page for active-X download, I also turned off pop-up blocker - no luck yet. Just getting "unable to load client control" then nothing.

Do I need to do any configuration at the server end to enable distribution?

December 4th, 2008 3:48pm

u need to install that link on your webserver...
December 4th, 2008 3:50pm

Yes I ran the executablefrom the link on the server before I restarted IIS.

Do I need to restart Reporting Services service on server also?

December 4th, 2008 3:57pm

No i didnt..

After u installed that link and ran iireset and then ran the report.. try giving IISreset from the run cmd prompt... cause i restarted the iis by clicking start and stop i dont think it worked...

When u run the report.. The first time you would get the message called unable to run load the print control and after u hit okay it.. the active X control should show up on top of your IE explorer and then click download file..

• Proposed as answer by TatyanaYanaty Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:55 PM
December 4th, 2008 4:02pm

Thanks again for reply.

Still same problem. Is there any way to configure distribution on the server other than running the executable?

December 4th, 2008 4:25pm

Is your report server and the web application running on the same server???

December 4th, 2008 4:38pm

December 4th, 2008 4:55pm

I am sorry.. Thats whats i did and it worked in all our machines... Which version of Reporting services are u running?

December 4th, 2008 7:28pm

Has anyone solved this problem yet? 'Cause I have the same problem. The strange thing is that on my local computer (development pc) I can remove the RSClient and when I run the (local) site I can install the ActiveX and I'm able to print. But when I run the site from our test server or production server, than I only get the error message, no matter what I do.

On our test server I have installed SQL Server SP3, I removed on my local computer the ActiveX, ran the site, tried to print. But allas!! Still the same problem.

June 2nd, 2009 1:50pm

Karen's advise works. We've tried everything here, but nothing helped until I ran IISreset. Thank you so much!

Tatyana

September 8th, 2010 7:27pm

Hi Everyone

I have the same problem and I cannot fix it too. I see the notification for installing this SQL Server 2008r2 Client and when I check add-ones installed on I.E I see the RS Client Print 2008 but when I click on print button the "app carsh" error apears. Is it possible to download this client and install it separtly?

September 2nd, 2015 12:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics