routing compartments
vista and lgh have mechanism called routing compartments. as one can read, it creates separate routing tables, kept for every connection. i also read somewhere, that application is assigned to one compartment, to not act as a application router. cool. but it rises questions i can not unswer, and have quite a problem to handle with scenario1 am running vista/lgh system, and have launched IE7.o. i have one connection to internet. now i establish VPN to my company. if the application [IE] is assigned to single compartment it means i canaccesscorporate network resources OR internet resources. can i define somehow to which compartment application is assigned? as i tested, after establishing VPN i do not have access to internet. scenario 2 if i have multiple network adapters - what is behavior of launching application - to which network i can have access? how to define/manipulate that i suppose i simply do not understand how does it works, but after testing - i can't gain access to some of the resources, and have no idea how to fix it.
March 22nd, 2007 4:30pm

nExoRek, Routing compartments were cut from Windows Vista RTM. We are investigating how to deliver this functionality (or something similar) in a future release of Windows.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 3rd, 2007 7:40pm

it's very strange to know that as on vista premiere it was widly advertised... anyway it does not tell anything about LHS - may i understand that current LHS kernel does not support that as well?
April 7th, 2007 4:20pm

You are correct, Windows Server "Longhorn" will not include Routing Compartments. Routing Compartments is being reviewed for a future release of Windows.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 16th, 2007 9:14pm

Anyone got any information when this feature might come back or any alternatives available?Anil Malekani
November 12th, 2010 12:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics