reporting is running slow on first time in csharp

I am running the ssrs reporting through csharp which is taking more time to load the data on first time and again i click it comes quickly. Is there a way to improve the performance first time load reporting service.

Call reporting service through Csharp Code:

ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote;
                ReportViewer1.ShowParameterPrompts = false;
                ReportViewer1.Visible = true;
                ReportViewer1.ShowReportBody = true;

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerCredentials = new ReportServerCredentials(USER_id, PASSWORD], "");
                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new Uri(REPORT_SERVER);
                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = REPORT_Folder + reportName;

ReportParameter RptParameters = new ReportParameter { };
                RptParameters = new ReportParameter(ID", sID);         

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(RptParameters);
                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh();

August 25th, 2015 7:10am

Hi Santosh,

reporting services in native mode start slowly after some time of inactivity if you render using report viewer control from report server. You can change settings of reporting services so that they fall asleep after longer period of time. Description here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb630448.aspx

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2735/prevent-sql-server-reporting-services-slow-startup/

or you can warm up your web service using script

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 7:19am

Hi Millan,

after 30 minutes i run the report it will take same time(40 sec) As per given link it is mentioned 12 hours time for recycle then why it's taking time. 

August 25th, 2015 1:47pm

Hi Santosh,

Based on my research, after a timespan of idle SSRS falls asleep, the next time to access the report server will cost some time to startup Reporting Services gain. If the Reporting Services are running frequently, we can avoid the SSRS worker shutdown.

In your scenario, it seems that the Reporting Services is ideal during those 30 minutes. To decrease the time of calling the report at first time, you can use PowerShell script to perform a simple HTTP request to the SSRS-RM URL, to simulate a normal activity. For more information, please refer to this similar thread: report is run slowly first time.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics