removing correct programs
how do I know if I am removing necessary programs..My computer is full but I find Window Net Framework2 service pack2 184MB, and 3.0 service pack 2 178NB and 3.5 SP1 then Micorosoft Office XP Professional 236MB...I would think all I need is the MO XP..but do I also need the three Framework? What can I remove to give more space??if anything?
November 23rd, 2010 4:16pm

Hello, each update and service pack you get with Microsoft update has it's reason, so leave it on the machine. Also provide more information about the disk size in total and how big your pagefile is, if you have also another disk in the machine and you maybe can move the pagefile to another one. For more detailed questions please use the Microsoft Answers Forum for Windows XP as this one is for Windows server questions: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categoriesBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 23rd, 2010 4:31pm

Hi, The components you listed above are necessary, please don’t uninstall them. I understand that you want to free some disk space. There are several factors that can occupy the disk space, such as WinSxS, Page Files, Hibernation and so on. To free disk space, you can take the following methods: 1. Run Disk Cleanup. 2. Remove or uninstall unwanted programs. 3. Disable page files. 4. Disable System Restore. 5. Disable Hibernation. 6. Remove unwanted Windows Features. Reference: Disk Space consumed by Windows 7 Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 24th, 2010 2:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics