remotely restart domain controller, server 2003
i have 3 servers in which one is DC and two are in workgroup. i want remotely restart DC from standalone server when RPC is not available. mstsc is not working. how i can restart. Any tool available.i have used many tool as damevare but showing error, not able to connect. what i should do. pls help ASAP.
March 14th, 2010 3:22pm

Hello,to restart the DC remotely you have to logon to it or you have to use shutdown.exe and provide the correct credentials to do it that way. Which exact error message is shown when using remote desktop to connect to it?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 14th, 2010 3:28pm

i have applied all efforts. when i use shutdown -t it shows " event id 53 and not connecting shares
March 14th, 2010 3:37pm

Hi,Have you try using remote computer management Task Scheduler create a shutdown/reboot task.C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r and run it.Hope you find the info useful
March 14th, 2010 4:13pm

If they're HP you could ILO in to power cycle it if necessary.http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilo/index.htmlRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
March 14th, 2010 4:13pm

i have done all these things but useless
March 15th, 2010 2:46pm

Sounds like someone must visit the machine.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
March 15th, 2010 8:46pm

Hello, Thank you for your post here. Since RPC is not available, you will get error 53 (The network path was not found) when you attempt to logon to the server and attempt to shutdown the server via command. You may focus on how to troubleshoot the issue that RPC is not available. If you need to remotely restart the server, you may need to count on some 3rd party management tool. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
March 16th, 2010 12:05am

i have tried by third party tool as damvare but not successed .Can u tell me the third pary tool that is best for remote restart and shutdown without any configuration.
March 17th, 2010 5:04am

Hello,if you aren't able to connect to the server properly you can't do it remote. Do it from the console and make sure the event viewer is error free.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
March 17th, 2010 7:16am

Hey what about psexec.exe ? psexec \\srv -u srv\localadmin -p password cmd.exe -e "shutdown -r -t 1"If you find this post helpful, spend a second to vote up. Smoking~~
July 19th, 2012 4:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics