remote shutdown users machines
I was able to remotely shutdown any users pc's on the domain in 2003 server. How do I do this in 2008 server, I can't figure it out.ThanksHarvey
January 14th, 2009 7:16pm

command line works best for me.shutdown -m (machine name).Scotty
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2009 7:29pm

Scotty1212 said: command line works best for me. shutdown -m (machine name). Scotty I was able to do it without a command prompt before. That's what's bugging me, there has to be a way without the command prompt. Thanks though.
January 14th, 2009 7:51pm

hi there,can you try thisright click on my computer and select manage,then right click on computer management,and then click connect to another computer, choose which computer from the list, select it and then right click on computer management again choose properties click on the advanced tab click on startup and recovery, click on shutdown you can choose different optionssainath Windows Driver Development
January 14th, 2009 8:56pm

Sainath Into Driver Development said: hi there,can you try thisright click on my computer and select manage,then right click on computer management,and then click connect to another computer, choose which computer from the list, select it and then right click on computer management again choose properties click on the advanced tab click on startup and recovery, click on shutdown you can choose different options sainath Windows Driver Development This is what I used to do, but I can't figure it out in 2008 Server. I manager another computer, and I can't find the option anywhere to shutdown the machine. I don't see where I can get to this advanced tab you are speaking of.
January 14th, 2009 9:27pm

Hi,What about this VBscript by Don Hite, which prompts for computername and the shutdown or restarts depending of what you specify in the script.http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/dhite/archive/2006/07/16/22237.aspxJens Ole Kragh MCITP, MCTS, MCT http://jensolekragh.spaces.live.com/
January 14th, 2009 11:24pm

Wow, what a long way to shutdown machines. Personally I prefer psshutdown.exe from sysinternals (now owned by Microsoft). It is part of their pstools package and you can get it from MS downloads site.I have hundreds of machines and I just schedule a batch file. PSShutdown also gives your users an option to cancel unlike shutdown.exeCheers,Laralforbes
January 16th, 2009 8:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics