regarding ssrs

Hi,

in my report personal computer id, business unit  remaining columns are there

buisiness units means  software, electrical  etc

i belongs to software

if i open report from my personal computer id  i should see only  software related  

please help me

March 27th, 2015 1:59pm

Hi,

Please help me aboue post

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2015 8:25am

You need to have a table in the database where this info should be reflected

CREATE TABLE Computers

(

ComputerID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY

)

CREATE TABLE Computer_Devices

(

ComputerID int

Device INT

)

CREATE TABLE Devices

(

DeviceID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,

DeviceName VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL

)

By running the report you should be identified by computer ID and the simple query should SELECT the software that relates only to the given computerID

March 29th, 2015 9:05am

Hi Bellam,

Reporting Services captures the DomainUsername of the user accessing the report and stores it in a global object called UserID. In the SSRS 2008 report designer and Report Builder 2.0 and later, these objects are referred to as Built-in Fields.

As  Uri Dimant mentioned that We can add an relationship field to map the related information, In the SSRS, we can choose to add the DomainUsername(Domain/username:LoginID) as the relationship field to be added in the table and then add filter to providing user specific data by filtering the data where LoginID is equal to the login name of the user accessing the report(UserID).

Details step by step information about how to add this filter in below similar thread for your refrerence:
http://blogs.wrox.com/article/filtering-user-specific-report-data-in-sql-server-reporting-services/

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vicky Liu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 3:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics