randomly losing connection to share drive in 2003 server
Hi All, I have a problem with our pc losing connection to a share folder on our network. I'm just a pc tech that works for a school district and when a teacher logs in to a pc, they automatically get mapped to a share folder on a file server. My System administrator (btw is my best friend) says that the problem has to do with something i did. I haven't done any thing to those pc. they are connected to the network and can get outlook exchange emails, they can get to the internet with no problem, but for some reason randomly the connection to their file-svr folder loses connectiong and the only way to solve the problem is to restart the machine and then after they log in, the "H" drive is there and they are able to get into their file-svr folder. Does any one know what might be wrong? As far as i know it's a windows 2003 network. Please help me solve this issue because it's driving me insane. All this happens randomly. thanks renans
December 18th, 2009 4:34pm

How many connections are made to the file server usually ?Network is my LOVE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2009 10:05pm

Hi renans,Can you please check if there is any antivirus application installed on the file server?Based on our experience, we have been reported many network connectivity issues and other errors when running older version of Symantec AntiVirus Endpoint.Symantec solution available for “Network Path Not Found” and other errors. http://blogs.technet.com/windowsserver/archive/2009/12/11/symantec-solution-available-for-network-path-not-found-and-other-errors.aspxHope it helps.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 22nd, 2009 11:56am

The truth is no one seems to know what the problem is. I've been having this random diconnecting since July 2008, I've tried every tweeking posted, nothing seems to cure the problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2010 12:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics