problem installing evaluation copy of Windows 2008 server
I recently downloaded the x64 version of 2008 server from the MSFT download center. This is the free evaluation version. It is an .iso file. However , when i run it, just after the software says that "setup is starting" I get to a screen that says"Microsoft cannot find the software license terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation." The only installation source that I have is the .iso file that i downloaded from Microsoft. Thanks, DAve.
October 3rd, 2012 7:13pm

this sounds like a bad burn of the ISO file (or a problem with the DVD drive itself). I suggest two tests. 1 - confirm the burned ISO is ok. TO do this, use Windows Explorer on a PC already up and running to directly copy all files from the DVD you burned to a temporary location. If the license file (and probably others) didn't burn correctly, files will be visible on the DVD but won't be found during copy, and the copy operation will eventually error out (or stall horribly). 2 - If that worked, your next likely problem is a bad/dirty DVD drive on the system where you're installing 2008. To cut to the chase, I suggest just swapping in another DVD drive and trying again, if you have opne available.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 3rd, 2012 10:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics