problem in running sheduled task
I was trying to run a scheduled task to run a batch file. I scheduled the task to run at today morning 9.30 and it fails to run the task. In the Task scheduler an error message is written as The Kerberos subsystem encountered an error. A Service for user protocol request was made against a domain controller which does not support service for user.(0x80090356) May i know why this error message is coming? And can i get some tips to overcome this issue to make my scheduled task to work properly.
August 25th, 2011 12:04am

Unfortunately you have not given more information about the operating system used and configuration. Try this http://www.pcpr.org/error-0x80090356.php
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2011 3:20am

I was trying to run a scheduled task to run a batch file. I scheduled the task to run at today morning 9.30 and it fails to run the task. In the Task scheduler an error message is written as The Kerberos subsystem encountered an error. A Service for user protocol request was made against a domain controller which does not support service for user.(0x80090356) May i know why this error message is coming? And can i get some tips to overcome this issue to make my scheduled task to work properly. I was using Windows Server 2008 Operating System
August 25th, 2011 4:09am

Hi, The problem may be caused by DC with old OS or low domain functional level. Please check the following items to troubleshoot this problem: 1. If you run this batch file manually, can it work as expected? 2. Is there any Windows 2000 domain controller in the domain? 3. Check the Domain functional level. If there is no Windows 2000 DC and the domain functional level is Windows 2000, you may consider upgrading the level to Windows Server 2003. Note: The changes to the domain and forest functional levels are irreversible. Please read the this article before changing it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322692 Hope this helps. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2011 5:33am

Hi Bruce, I don't have the privilege to change the DC settings. Is there any other options to overcome this issue?Velu
September 7th, 2011 4:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics