problem in joining domain
i have a windows server 2003 domain all my xp and win 2000 clients are working ok there is no problem in joining domain. But a laptop with winxp sp2 does not join the domain. when i click on change button it does not prompt for user name and password.but error appear as: "DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain xxxxxxxxxxx.com: The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.xxxxxxxxxx.com The following domain controllers were identified by the query: servername.xxxxxxxxx.com Common causes of this error include: - Host (A) records that map the name of the domain controller to its IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect addresses. - Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the network or are not running." where xxxxxxxxx represents domain name i have varify the dns A record by ns lookup how to solve the problem.
March 7th, 2007 1:24pm

Hi, did you tr to clear the cache of the client. Also, did ou check the host file of that PC? Whether it have wrong entry?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2007 5:19am

Yes i have clear the client cashe and also the hotst file has not a wrong entry. Kindly suggest some other solution
March 9th, 2007 1:40pm

Can the laptop connect to other networks?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2009 3:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics