problem connecting to domains
hey, I some how am no longer able to view ANY pages on my server.I can ftp into each domain still, the mail still works, and the hosting was able to restore my control panel, but they wont help me any further.. what might I wanna check on a windows 2003 server to get my sites back?
February 27th, 2008 7:01pm

When you say "sites" do you mean that you are hosting IIS sites on a 2k3 box and they are no longer responsive? If that is the case, I would log in locally to the server and see if you can log on to the sites. There may be a firewall issue between your client and the server that is stopping the appropriate ports. I would want to see if you can ping the websites (ping www.mysite.com). I would also make sure that your IIS sites are set to respond to queries on port 80. You could check the event logs to see if there are any warnings or errors. Then, have people try to connect to the sites and see if that generates any logs (on the workstations and on the server). Let me know what you find,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2008 8:31pm

Hi, I suppose it's IIS site. Was that you upgraded to Windows server 2008 and encounter this issue? If so, please try Aaron's suggestion, and also check if the folders of the corresponding web site have the correct permission. As we know, it should support anonymous access in property of the corresponding web site if we hope everyone can access this site. What's more, please check if IUSR_<your web server name> has at least the read permission on your web directory. Best wishes --------------Morgan Che Microsoft Online Community Support
February 28th, 2008 2:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics