powerchute9 on server2003 r2 x64 sp2 needs a different version of msvcrt.dll
I need to change the version of msvcrt.dll that is in the c:\windows\syswow64 folder so that my powerchute agent will load properly. Currently when I start the service it shows an application error in the powerchute logs and refers to msvcrt.dll causing the problem. I tried to copy in a newer version of the dll, but when I delete the current version it quickly reappears. How can I disable this?
October 7th, 2011 9:03pm

Hi, Msvcrt.dll is the Microsoft Visual C++ Run-Time for Visual C++ version 4.2 to 6.0. It provides programs compiled with these versions of Visual C++ a typical set of library functions required by C and C++ programs. Please try to install the new version of Visual C++ on your computer to see whether you can resolve the issue. Replace the dll file directly may cause the Visual C++ corrupt. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 7th, 2011 10:42pm

I apologize for the late reply on this one - I was occupied on a few different projects and this took the "back burner" for a while. My current msvcrt files have the following version numbers: c:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll v 7.0.3790.3959 c:\windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll v 7.0.3790.3959 Where would I go to upgrade these (OS is server 2003R2 x64 with sp2). As far as I could see, sp2 contained the latest versions of these files.
December 25th, 2011 12:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics