possible malicios program on my computor
after starting my computer this morning is says " protection mode " and automaticaly brings up a window with Privacy Corrector with a smaller window saying " cannot change visible in onshow or onhide, in the start-up toolbar there is an icon that is new that says privacy corrector which I never installed and I can not find it in the program files or add or remove area, I have CCleaner and it does not show it either, can any one please assist me on how to find it and remove it ????
November 30th, 2010 9:21am

Hello, whcih OS version are you talking about? Keep in mind that this forum is for Server versions from Windows. For client OS like Windows 7 and older ones please use the Microsoft Answers forum instead. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2010 9:51am

Hi, It seems that you get virus infected, please update the security software and perform a full scan. Besides using CCleaner, you can download other free software such as MalwareBytes. Please note: we provide the third party tool for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information. However, to solid remove the malicious, you’d better involve security software vendor for support. Reference: Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do? Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 1st, 2010 1:07am

If your system is hooked onto network, remove it from network. Second run AV to check if it can detect the virus ( make sure all the .dat files are updated ) Third , its hard to identified how it caused, which might be due to several reasons a) hooking virus infected drive b) downloading a file frm internet etc...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 1st, 2010 1:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics