please help me install adventureworks data base onsql2012 express
im trying to install the adventure works data base I can down load appropriate file but when it asks if you wish to save or open unsure where to proceed viewed several tutorials on the matter and where I get to the point off transefering files to sql data file I am unable to locate said file
September 10th, 2015 6:44pm

There are so many sources on the web to get the adentureworks 2012 database.

If your copy do not work google it and download from another link.

When you prompted to save save it to the local computer. Then follow further instructions.

Some downloads provide scripts. YOu need to execute the scripts against your SQl server.

Some provide data file and log file you need to attach to the database on your instance.

Here is one sample link. Try this.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 7:32pm

There are so many sources on the web to get the adentureworks 2012 database.

If your copy do not work google it and download from another link.

When you prompted to save save it to the local computer. Then follow further instructions.

Some downloads provide scripts. YOu need to execute the scripts against your SQl server.

Some provide data file and log file you need to attach to the database on your instance.

Here is one sample link. Try this.

September 10th, 2015 11:31pm

that sample link is the one i have been using still i face the same problem i download the database and then the tutorial says to move it to the data file and from there it can be installed in sql with proper script . but i am unable to locate said data file.
September 11th, 2015 1:44pm

What do you see in the directory where you downloaded the files? Can you list all the files?
September 11th, 2015 1:49pm

i can only locate them in downloads where it askes to save or open if you hit open it will ask with what program if i hit save it just creates a duplicate on a line below it

September 11th, 2015 3:16pm

When you're downloading a file, chose Save and use a directory of your choice. Now, most likely it will be an archive file, so you would need to extract the files from it. Once the files are extracted, you would need to follow Pinal's blog and use your own directory as the path.

Do you have someone close who can help you? Looks like you need someone watching what you're doing.

September 11th, 2015 3:21pm

September 11th, 2015 3:33pm

September 11th, 2015 3:38pm

unfortionatly no im flying solo on this one
September 11th, 2015 3:40pm

You need to save this file in some directory. And then follow the Pinal's blog.
September 11th, 2015 5:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics