permissions issue with folder on windows 2003 file server - system has no permissions listed
I was going to give a new user access to a shared folder on our windows 2003 file server. I can add them to the SHARING tab on properties to the folder, but when I go to SECURITY and try to add them I get an hour glass and it locks up. I noticed that SYSTEM has nothing checked on SECURITY tab, neither allowed or denied. how do I approach this?
November 12th, 2009 4:56pm

Hello,Do you have the proper permissions on the file share? Try to take ownership of the file and see if this resolves issueIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 13th, 2009 12:41am

Hi, Do you have any error about the SYSTEM permission? If any, please let us know the detailed error message. If not, you dont need worry about this. Except Allow or Deny, there are also special permissions which are not listed in Security tab. If you still worry about it, please capture a screenshot of this issue for research and use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give me the download address. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 17th, 2009 11:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics