oobefldr.dll error for one user in server 2008
Hi We have several users working on a Server2008 Terminal server all without a problem, except for one user who gets an error message every time they log in: " error loading oobefldr.dll, the specified module could not be found" The only difference between this user and the others is that she used to work on Vista, while everyone else was on XP. We are using roaming profiles so i think it must be related to her user profile created in Vista. I've looked in C:\Windows\System32 to see if the .dll exists but it doesn't, i'm guessing this is probably correct as this is a server edition of Windows. Is there a way to stop it looking for this without recreating the user profile? This doesn't cause any major problems, it's more of an annoyance but any help would be very much appreciated thanks in advance Carter
April 27th, 2012 4:43am

Hello, you should ask in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverTS/threads and also describe the installed software.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2012 5:13am

ok, I've done this. thanks.
April 27th, 2012 8:05am

Hi, The file oobefldr.dll is related to Welcome Center out of the box experience.(oobe) If you would like to disable Welcome Center, you can try the following method: 1. Click Start, type Regedit and press Enter. 2. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. 3. Right click on WindowsWelcomeCenter and select Delete. Restart the computer and test the result.Jeff Ren TechNet Community Support beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2012 2:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics