not able to synchronize windows server 2008 R2 std with an internet time server
once your server promote to a domain controller its bydefault getting time from the time.windows.com,after that it will be the root time server for your network client computers(domain computers).you shold configure correct time zone for get the correct time to the serverDarshana Jayathilake
November 3rd, 2011 7:35pm

Hi All, I am running a windows server 2008 R2 std which is also a domain Controller. The issue i face is not being able to synchronize it with an internet time server.I dont even see the 'internet time' tab under date and time settings. But when i disable the AD service the tab reappears and i am able to synchronize. Tried all the stuffs given in the technet article, still persists. I think its a known issue, but couldn't find an effective answer to it. Really appreciate if anybody can give me a tip or a solution, thanks to all
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2011 7:48am

once your server promote to a domain controller its bydefault getting time from the time.windows.com,after that it will be the root time server for your network client computers(domain computers).you shold configure correct time zone for get the correct time to the serverDarshana Jayathilake
November 4th, 2011 12:33pm

Hi, It’s normal, if the Internet Time tab is unavailable when the computers are in domain. Based on the current situation, please refer to the following Microsoft KB article and run Microsoft Fix it or manually fix the issue. How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042 Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 5th, 2011 8:43am

Hi, It’s normal, if the Internet Time tab is unavailable when the computers are in domain. Based on the current situation, please refer to the following Microsoft KB article and run Microsoft Fix it or manually fix the issue. How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042 Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 5th, 2011 4:39pm

Hi Thanks for the info. Much appreciated
November 30th, 2011 2:29am

Hi Thanks for the reply. I have already tried fixit from microsoft, doesn' work.Looks like the DC cannot be synced with an external time server.It automatically syncs with time.windows.com. Cheers..
November 30th, 2011 2:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics