no service listed in SQL Server 2012 Configuration Manager

Hello,

I have installed Sharepoint 2013 with SQL Server 2012 in Windows Server 2012. I need to configure FILESTREAM in SQL Server Configuration Manager, but i found that there are no services listed in "SQL Server Services" section. I found that maybe I need to add permission to NETWORK SERVICE via Group Policy as http://forums.asp.net/t/1484559.aspx/1.

But in GP Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings, I cannot find "System Services" folder. How to fix the SQL Configuration Manager ? Why doesn't "System Services" folder appear in the GPO. Thanks

July 23rd, 2013 3:16am

Go to Run type services.msc see if you find MSSQL service and other related services if yes sql server 2012 was installed successfully .It seems to me WMI error then

Was your installation successful.This link has same discussion as your.Tell me if it helps.Follow the steps present in the link

Edit :One more link added for u

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2013 5:51am

Go to Run type services.msc see if you find MSSQL service and other related services if yes sql server 2012 was installed successfully .It seems to me WMI error then

Was your installation successful.This link has same discussion as your.Tell me if it helps.Follow the steps present in the link

Edit :One more link added for u

July 24th, 2013 3:31am

Hi Shanky_621,

It's the update: I found that from the article you gave me, the writer have some sql services missing and when he checked the services through powershell (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Wmi.ManagedComputer) the result show the sql services that he can only see in his current error state of SQL Configuration Manager. This means that the services running in SQL Configuration Manager and via powershell are the same. 

But in my case, there are no services to see in Configuration Manager but powershell show all services I have in my SQL Server Database. So i think it's different, maybe the permission but I don't know what to do. Any idea? Thanks

July 25th, 2013 2:08am

Hi,

Try logging into windows server as administrator and go to services.msc see whethere you can see all your services there.If yes good

Now confirm that you can also see your services in SSMS,if not please revert

July 25th, 2013 4:37am

Hi,

Try logging into windows server as administrator and go to services.msc see whethere you can see all your services there.If yes good

Now confirm that you can also see your services in SSMS,if not please

September 9th, 2013 6:42am

Just to be certain, check that the version of SQL Server Config Manager you are running is as high, or higher, than the version of the database engine you will administer. (And, of course, run SQL Server Config Manager on the server, not a client machine...)
September 11th, 2013 4:39pm

In Computer Management console you can also find SQL Server Configuration Manager console (under Services and Applications).

Did you try there to find your installed SQL services?

This help me when I install SQL Server 2005 after 2008R2 and 2012 and the SQL Configuration Manager console gets "overwritten".

September 11th, 2013 5:21pm

I faced the same issue when I installed by SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

My issue got resolved after installing by SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe

June 4th, 2015 9:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics